Placa 069

IGREJA NOSSA SENHORA DOS REMÉDIOS

Construída a partir 1737, foi concluída em 1772. A devoção inspirou o nome do principal forte da Ilha e de toda a Vila. Nossa Senhora dos Remédios é padroeira de Fernando de Noronha desde 1768. Sua 1ª restauração foi em 1891. Outras intervenções foram feitas, sendo a última em 1988. Possui nave-salão única com o coro, capela-mor, sacristia e torres sineiras. Os vãos das portas e janelas inferiores da nave e capela-mor são em cantaria de pedra arenítica.

Sítio Arqueológico protegido pelo Decreto-Lei nº 25, de 30 de novembro de 1937.

THE CHURCH OF NOSSA SENHORA DOS REMÉDIOS

This construction began in 1737 and finished in 1772. The name of the main fort was inspired by the devotion to Nossa Senhora dos Remedios, who is considered the patroness saint of Nossa Senhora dos Remédios Ville since 1768. Its first restoration occurred in 1891. Other interventions were done since then, but the last one was in 1988. The church is composed by a one aisle-room with the chorus place, the chancel, sacristy and bell towers. The lower doors and window openings are made of sandstone masonry.

An Archeological Estate registered on inventory of lands by Law Decree number 25, dated from November 11, 1937.

pt Português
X